Fun, Fitness, and Skills: The Powerful Original Games Approach brings 93 fresh games with countless variations. The games are easy to adjust to all grade and ability levels, and you’ll never run out of fresh ideas for fun and exciting games that teach fitness concepts and skills. Created by a former teacher and current physical education mentor and staff developer with the Department of Education in New York City, these games have been field-tested in many schools with diverse populations at various grade levels. Yet the outcome of those field tests has been uniform: Kids love the games and teachers find them to be educationally sound and easy to implement.
In Fun, Fitness, and Skills, you will find
- easy-to-follow games that allow you to concentrate on kids being active and having fun;
- clearly written educational objectives for each game that help you focus on key fitness concepts and skills to be learned;
- a game finder that makes selecting the right game for your needs quick and easy;
- tips and suggestions for teaching and classroom management; and
- variations to keep the games fresh and interesting.
192 Pages. Paperback.