Climbing Walls is the complete guide for instructors, administrators, and anyone responsible for supervising an indoor climbing wall in their recreation center, school or university, camp, or community setting. Instructors and administrators can use this book to
- design and select equipment options for climbing walls based on up-to-date industry standards and guidelines;
- customize their walls to accommodate the needs of their sites or situations;
- operate and maintain their walls;
- develop and implement operating procedures; and
- teach basic climbing skills and 15 activities and games to diverse populations.
Climbing Walls also provides program leaders with information they can use to advocate for a climbing wall program: detailed descriptions of the health and social benefits of climbing wall programs and a wealth of reproducible forms that make it easy to administer the program for participants of all ages.
Wall climbing is a thrilling fitness activity that strengthens the body, challenges the mind, and lifts the spirit. Climbing Walls provides instructors and administrators with all the information they need to create their own climbing wall programs and challenge participants.>