This is a comprehensive, scientific look at the supplement of choice for today’s serious athletes and fitness enthusiasts. In objective terms, it discusses what creatine is, how it works, how to use it, and what it can do for an athlete. The book provides the reader a sound basis for making good decisions about using creatine, a naturally occurring nutrient found in various foods such as meat and fish.
The Power Supplement presents a detailed analysis of:
- Scientific literature discussing the effects of creatine supplementation on various forms of exercise, sport performance, and on body mass
- Creatine requirements and metabolic functions
- Supplementation protocols and the effects on muscle creatine stores
- Possible adverse effects of creatine supplementation
- Legal and ethical considerations regarding creatine use by competitive athletes
- The historical evolution of creatine use
The authors provide a detailed analysis that includes a thorough background of creatine, how it affects the body, health and safety considerations, and even the legal and ethical issues regarding creatine supplementation.