Finally, a research-based book that covers all facets of optimizing the development of muscle and strength. Encyclopedia of Muscle & Strength is a comprehensive training guide and reference that provides:
- definitions of key terms and concepts,
- evaluations of equipment options—including the top innovations,
- explanations of the role and importance of each muscle group,
- presentations of the best exercises for adding strength and mass, and
- descriptions and examples of many types of workouts and programs and their effects.
Choose from 255 exercises presented for 11 different muscle groups and the whole body. Proper technique for each exercise is tailored to the type of resistance used, be it free weights, weight machines, or body weight. Plus, each training program is rated according to workout duration, the projected timeframe for achieving measurable results, level of difficulty, and overall effectiveness.
Muscle & Fitness senior science editor Jim Stoppani covers each topic in detail. His clear advice will help you conquer any problem or plateau you encounter. So build your knowledge base to build a better body. Encyclopedia of Muscle & Strength is the ultimate resource for pinpointing and achieving the results you’re seeking.