The book offers practical games and activities that are
- research based so you know recreational or PE time is spent on effective, health-promoting activities;
- classroom tested to ensure the activities are not only worthwhile but also fun for children;
- easy to implement by the general classroom teacher or other leader because they use commonly available physical activity equipment or no equipment at all;
- fully illustrated to make the games and activities easy to implement with minimal preparation with the use of reproducible task cards; and
- appropriate in a variety of settings, with activities and teaching techniques for three developmental levels, multiple cross-curricular connections, and activity variations.
The book presents a variety of ideas for circuits and stations, games, gymnastics, dance, and supplemental activities.
In as little as 10 minutes a day, three times a week, the preventive measures in Building Strong Bones & Muscles can help your students achieve optimal bone health and muscle strength and decrease their risk of developing osteoporosis.