Meet the unique needs of all females, young and old, in health and fitness settings. Women’s Fitness Program Development introduces a groundbreaking model for women’s health and fitness.
- Build a solid theoretical basis for girls’ and women’s health and fitness programming.
- Develop programs that take into account how females see the world.
- Find touchstones that motivate clients to achieve a lifetime of fitness.
- Design your classes around women’s physical, psychological, social, and emotional needs.
- Learn about appropriate exercises and positions for females at different life stages.
Women’s Fitness Program Development is divided into four sections: Adolescence, Pregnancy, Postpartum Period, and Menopause. Each section defines terminology; suggests how to set goals and priorities; and provides appropriate exercise components, prescriptions, modifications, and program evaluation strategies.
The text includes the following special features:
- 60 photos illustrating appropriate exercises and positions for different life stages
- Instructions for female-focused exercises, such as strengthening the pelvic floor and centering the body
- Sidebars with practical instructional tips
- 30 forms for screening, assessment, participant worksheets, evaluation, and other program needs
- Examples from current programs focused on girls and women