Teaching Sport and Physical Activity blends practical suggestions and contemporary research to provide a blueprint for successful sport instruction at any level and in any setting. Teaching Sport and Physical Activity reveals the techniques and strategies that all successful teachers and coaches use to help their students and athletes achieve success. It covers
- how to create stimulating learning environments,
- how to form effective relationships with students,
- how to teach motor skills,
- how to manage the lesson time and resources to aid students’ learning,
- how to maintain a dynamic pace of instruction, and
- how to master other indispensable skills that apply no matter what sport is being taught.
Regardless of the particular sport or setting, anyone who wishes to teach sports to others will find that the road to excellence begins here, with the fundamentals of Teaching Sport and Physical Activity.