Until now, warming up and cooling down have been seen as drudgery—a boring start to a game or class. But not anymore.
101 Fun Warm-Up and Cool-Down Games provides the antidote to the age-old warm-up and cool-down routines of jogging and stretching. When students take part in these games, they will be fully engaged, having fun, and effectively preparing their minds and bodies for the game or activity that lies ahead.
This innovative book provides complete information for implementing 101 core games:
- The theory behind warm-ups and cool-downs (why they’re important and what they should consist of)
- 41 fun games that can be used in a variety of situations
- 60 sport-specific games in 7 sports (badminton, baseball, basketball, football, hockey, soccer, and volleyball)
- 113 variations of the core games to help leaders shape the activities to their group’s needs
- An easy-to-follow format with illustrations for the more complicated games to ensure proper setup and understanding of the game
- A game finder to help leaders easily locate games and determine which are suited to their needs
The game descriptions include group size, age, and skill level, making it easy to find the game that’s just right for your group. They also can be used as stand-alone activities that promote fitness and fun. And the sport-specific games help kids warm up while working with the ball or equipment that they’ll use in their games.