Explore the beauty of Pennsylvania on foot! Whether you’re looking for a short and simple hike or a longer, more challenging trek, Hiking Pennsylvania will lead you to the right trail. Author Mike Bleech draws on his experience as an outdoor freelance writer and photographer to show how easy it is to enjoy self-guided tours of trails in scenic areas in the eastern, central, and western sections of the state. With easy-to-follow park and trail maps, you’ll find trails in such scenic spots as Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, French Creek State Park, Allegheny National Forest, Gettysburg, and Erie National Wildlife Refuge. For each park and nature area featured in the book, you’ll find
- detailed information on featured trails, including the length and difficulty of each hike;
- easy-to-follow maps of the park and of each featured trail;
- practical information on how to get to the park, park hours, available facilities, permits and rules, and a contact address and phone number;
- a brief description of the park’s history and terrain; and
- details on nearby parks and recreational opportunities, including contact phone numbers.
The book guides you through every turn in the trail, pointing out plants, wildlife, and special features you’ll see along the way. The convenient trail finder summarizes essential information about each featured trail so you can select an ideal hike.