This is your complete guide to 107 of the best day-hiking trails in Wisconsin. No matter what part of the state you want to explore or how easy or hard a trek you want, this handy book will lead you to the right trail. Full of interesting and scenic destinations in the northern, central, and southern sections of the state, Hiking Wisconsin offers you a guided tour of 55 featured areas, such as Kettle Moraine State Forest, Natural Bridge State Park, Apostle Islands National Lakeshore, and Nelson Dewey State Park.
Hiking Wisconsin includes the following special features:
- Detailed descriptions of 107 trails, including the length of trail, estimated time to hike it, and a difficulty rating
- 148 easy-to-read park and trail maps
- A map of each featured trail, with the points of interest labeled and their distances from the trailhead given
- Practical information on how to get to parks, the park hours, available facilities, permits and rules, and a contact address and phone number
- A convenient trail-finder grid, which provides a summary of each trail’s features and location in the book
- A section on nearby points of interest, with contact phone numbers
The book guides you through every turn in the trail, pointing out plants, wildlife, and special features you’ll see along the way. The convenient trail finder summarizes essential information about each featured trail so you can select an ideal hike.