Enter Elementary Physical Education Teaching & Assessment: A Practical Guide, Second Edition. This guide is designed to make the assessment process not only easier but also more manageable. Assessment becomes not a burden in a teacher’s life but an essential teaching tool that assists students in learning what they need to learn—and indeed can motivate and challenge them to take charge of their learning.
This book, greatly expanded and revised from its original publication as Teaching for Outcomes in Elementary Physical Education, will help teachers
- plan and implement school- or district-wide curriculum based on the latest NASPE (National Association for Sport and Physical Education) Standards (2004);
- create their own assessment tools;
- understand, develop, and use alternative methods of assessment;
- assess program effectiveness and students’ progress toward understanding and acquisition of movement and fitness concepts and skills; and
- design and use rubrics for each assessment task.
In Elementary Physical Education Teaching & Assessment: A Practical Guide, Second Edition, teachers will discover tips for handling paperwork, tools for communicating with parents, and practical guidance on coordinating teaching and assessment and dealing with grading issues.