I Run, Therefore I Am—Nuts! takes a funny look at the peculiarities, quirks, and obsessions of runners of all abilities. Whether you fall in the middle of the pack, up near the front of the pack, or so far from any semblance of a pack that you’re wondering if everyone went home already, you’ll find plenty to laugh about in this book. I Run, Therefore I Am—Nuts! is a comical examination of events that are near and dear to every runner’s well-conditioned heart. As the Dave Barry of running, popular running humorist Bob Schwartz pokes fun at the idiosyncratic personalities of runners and the funny situations they encounter in training, eating, racing, preparing for races, and revolving their everyday lives around running.
I Run, Therefore I Am—Nuts! brings out the humor in situations that every type of runner can relate to:
- The intricate art of drinking on the run from paper cups
- Trying to reacquaint fingers to toes after years of tight hamstrings
- Hitting the wall
- Having your heart flutter with the newest cushioned training shoe
- Discovering cross-training contraptions designed to strengthen your gluteus to its maximums
- Getting excited about the latest flavor of energy gel on the market
For anyone who loves the aromatic smell of perspiration, who enjoys the exhilaration of exhaustion, who drinks solely from squirt bottles, or whose wardrobe is filled with reflective clothing—this book is for you.