New York has always been a city of possibilities. And for runners searching for great routes to explore, this is definitely the case. However, because New York is so large, it’s tough to know where to begin. Now, with New York Running Guide, finding great places to run in the Big Apple is easy. Both city residents and visitors will find all the information they need to enjoy 44 of the best routes throughout New York’s five boroughs, Long Island, and New Jersey. Eight of the routes in the book are profiles of the best races in the New York City area.
For each running route included, the book provides:
- an introduction explaining why the route was selected;
- a detailed map showing roads and trails to follow on the route;
- an icon key that shows route distance, scenery, terrain, hill ratings, and available facilities;
- access information that tells how to get to the starting point; and
- course information that describes every turn of the run.
With New York Running Guide, tourists who previously may have confined their running to quick jaunts through Central Park can now confidently step out and experience scenic and challenging runs throughout the city. The hundreds of thousands of runners who reside in the city can use the book to expand their running to new and invigorating routes in areas of New York. Experience the best of New York City in your running shoes. This guide provides 44 proven routes that are as diverse and unique as the city itself.