This edition is extensively revised, with substantial new material on activity counseling, client motivation, and step-by-step prescription models, which are directly linked to program design. The models facilitate fitness professionals’ ability to make informed, client-centered decisions and address the following issues:
- Establishing rapport and increasing adherence by prescribing exercise programs that match clients’ desires, needs, and lifestyles
- Understanding clients’ unique psychological needs and using that information to keep them motivated and on track
- Integrating principles and strategies for client-centered assessment and prescription that will enable fitness professionals to address and monitor clients’ needs both as they are originally presented and as they evolve over time
- Detailing the competencies of exercise demonstration, design modification, and follow-up monitoring
- Applying strategies for treating and preventing overuse injuries so that clients avoid injury and frustration, thereby avoiding withdrawal from the program
The second edition of Client-Centered Exercise Prescription is an outstanding resource for all professionals and students interested in learning to prescribe exercise for each client’s unique and changing needs.