Fitness for Life is the original and best-selling high school text for promoting lifelong physical activity and healthy lifestyles that result in lifelong fitness, wellness, and health. Fitness for Life has been updated to make it better than ever. The updated edition retains the strengths of the fifth edition and has been enhanced with a test bank, an online study guide, and an array of other new features to keep teachers and students on the cutting edge.Fitness for Life helps students to
- meet national, state, and local physical education grade-level standards;
- learn about and meet national health goals for the year 2010;
- become informed consumers on matters related to lifelong physical activity and fitness;
- learn self-management skills that lead to adopting healthy lifestyles;
- take personal responsibility for program planning and setting individualized goals;
- recognize and overcome the barriers to reaching their activity and fitness goals;
- use technology to promote healthy living and to separate fact from fiction; and
- assess personal progress using a variety of tools, including FITNESSGRAM/ACTIVITYGRAM.
The book’s pedagogically sound format includes lesson objectives that are consistent with state and national health and fitness goals. The chapter and unit structure is consistent with a school-year structure and works with your schedule no matter what schedule you’re on!
The following are new features in the Updated Fifth Edition:
- New focus on MyPyramid and the 2005 dietary guidelines
- Online study guide and test bank
- Increased emphasis on diversity awareness
- Wrap-around lesson plans to accompany lesson plan book and CD-ROM
- And much more—request a desk copy to see!