Essential Ultimate: Teaching, Coaching, Playing will help you
- develop an Ultimate fitness and conditioning program,
- learn how to execute and teach the offensive and defensive skills and tactics of Ultimate,
- use progressive drills and game situations to refine skills and implement strategies,
- prepare psychologically for competition, and
- build team strength and unity.
Ultimate is one of the fastest-growing sports in schools, intramurals, rec centers, and clubs throughout the United States and the world. It is also a sport that has been sorely lacking in current resources for teachers, coaches, and players—until now. Essential Ultimate: Teaching, Coaching, Playing contains all you need to know about teaching and coaching players to learn and achieve in the sport.
Teachers, coaches, and players from all levels will benefit from this comprehensive guide, which includes over 200 illustrations and photographs and provides in-depth information on these elements:
- Throwing and catching techniques
- Individual offensive and defensive skills
- Team tactics
- Preparing mentally as well as physically for competition
- Starting and administering Ultimate programs
The book also includes drills for individual skills and team tactics to help players prepare for competitions. Essential Ultimate is written by Michael Baccarini and Tiina Booth, national junior championship coaches with more than 45 years of combined playing, teaching, and coaching experience in Ultimate.
192 Pages. Paperback.