If you want your students to learn to develop personal action plans for healthy and active lifestyles, then this is the book for you. Physical Education Self-Management for Healthy, Active Lifestyles guides you in developing health and fitness programs for students in grades 4 to 9 or ages 9 to 14. The text empowers you to help students assume control over, and responsibility for, healthy and active lifestyles.
Written by Jeff Carpenter, a nationally recognized Physical Best instructor, this book is the ideal companion to the Phsyical Best program, FITNESSGRAM/ACTIVITYGRAM, and the Fitness for Life program. It contains specific progressions and activities that have proven successful in teaching students how to set personal health and fitness goals and manage their progress toward those goals, including overcoming barriers to leading healthy and active lives.
Physical Education Self-Management for Healthy, Active Lifestyles includes the following features:
- General program recommendations to set the stage for success
- Worksheets and guidance to help you plan and personalize purposeful programs for all students
- Activities and task cards for team sports, individual and dual sports, and alternative activities
- Guidelines to help students create their own personal health and fitness plans
- Practical ideas for building home and community partnerships
- A wide scope of relevant student-centered activities
- A wealth of assessment tools to help you evaluate students’ progress and direct your future teaching
- Numerous reproducibles on the accompanying CD-ROM to save you preparation time
As a result, you will be able to improve students’ confidence and increase their interest in physical activity and their motivation to lead healthy lifestyles. As a teacher, you’ll also learn new ways to define and measure success in making students more physically active.