Fundamentals of Athletic Training, Third Edition, explains foundational concepts in athletic training and presents injuries and illnesses commonly encountered by certified athletic trainers. Written specifically for high school students, this text develops the knowledge and skills of students assisting athletic trainers on the field and in the training room as well as those considering future careers as sports medicine professionals.
In an engaging full-color layout, the updated third edition presents the latest developments in athletic training with regard to treatment, care, administration, and certification. These new and updated topics are covered:
- How to deal with more than one injury simultaneously
- How to work with athletes with differing cultural backgrounds
- Treatment and care of athletes with specific conditions or disabilities
- Facility design and modality safety
- Equipment ordering and maintenance
- The role of the athletic trainer in school emergencies
Fundamentals of Athletic Training, An introductory textbook for high school students taking courses in athletic training or sports medicine and a guidebook for students assisting with their high school athletic program.
Author: Lorin A. Cartwright, William A. Pitney. Book: 408 pages, Book Type: Hardback. Publication: 2011