Active Living, Cognitive Functioning, and Aging is the first volume in Human Kinetics’ Aging, Exercise, and Cognition, series. In this volume, internationally known experts present state-of-the-art findings related to exercise and cognitive functioning of older adults. The book’s review of research on pertinent issues in measurement and physiological mechanisms will update your knowledge while challenging your current thinking.
Using a multidisciplinary approach, Active Living, Cognitive Functioning, and Aging keeps you on the cutting edge of these areas:
- The status of research evidence
- Future directions of research
- Advances in measurement
- Key issues related to aging, physical activity, cognition, and putative mechanisms
- The potential of intervention programs that positively influence cognition
- Implications for public policy making for healthier older adults
Active Living, Cognitive Functioning, and Aging will raise consciousness among researchers, practitioners, policy makers, and the public about the beneficial effects of an active lifestyle on the mind during the aging process.