With Adventure Education: Theory and Applications, adventure education enters the educational mainstream. This comprehensive text is ideal for introductory adventure courses in a variety of college departments and as a reference for professionals in the field. Project Adventure, a leader in the field of facilities-based adventure learning, teams up with leading adventure educators and professionals to provide a broad view of adventure education and programming. Together, they present the foundational theories and applications of adventure education. Adventure Education: Theory and Applications allows students to
- get a broad view of adventure education and programming;
- explore the role of games, low- and high-element courses, and outdoor pursuits in adventure education;
- use key concepts, student activities, and Web-based research to enhance the learning process;
- employ real-world examples to explore strategies for adventure education in a variety of settings; and
- learn core skills for effective facilitation and leadership preparation in adventure programming.