It’s widely accepted that the increasing use of technology, such as TV and computers, has led to a reduction in physical activity. But in Physical Education Technology Playbook, authors Darla Castelli and Leah Holland Fiorentino show you how to use technology to increase physical activity and enhance learning about health and fitness. This book and free companion Web site come with detailed instructions and examples, so you can easily incorporate the described technologies into your teaching. Physical Education Technology Playbook will help future and current physical educators:
- Use technology to assess physical fitness, monitor student progress toward personal goals, refine motor skills, comprehend new concepts, and increase enjoyment of physical activity
- Select from numerous activities that promote learning and healthy physical activity choices through the integration of technology
- Use the National Standards for Beginning Physical Education Teachers and the National Standards for Physical Education(K-12 students)
- Draw on technologies that enhance learning and increase teacher efficiency; and
- Build professional portfolios through activities that help teachers immediately.
Numerous current topics are covered, including data entry, charts and graphs, Web page development, desktop publishing, advanced editing and multimedia production, and PDAs. The text explores how technology can both enhance and measure physical activity.
Physical Education Technology Playbook is ideal for technology courses in physical education programs and as a supplemental text in PE methods courses. With this package, you will learn to use technology to understand and promote key concepts related to physical activity, and you will meet the technology standards established by the International Society for Technology in Education, ensuring that you are prepared to use various technologies from day one on the job. Lesson plans are provided to assist you in the induction year of teaching through the use of technology-rich student experiences.