Great goaltending wins hockey games. As the sport evolves, becoming a faster, higher-scoring endeavor, goaltending becomes more critical and far more challenging. The best goaltenders combine awareness, technique, and physical conditioning to anticipate the opponent’s every move. Hockey Goaltending brings together the world’s top goaltending coaches to create the premier resource for goalies and coaches at every level of play. Their expertise and insight provide comprehensive instruction on every facet of this challenging position:
- Off-ice training programs to improve reaction time, strength, flexibility, quickness, and agility
- Techniques to shut down breakaways, passouts, and wraparounds as well as power plays and odd-man rushes
- Detailed instruction on rebound control, recovery skills, and playing the puck
- Mental strategies to put you in the zone and keep you there
- On- and off-ice drills to refine your skills and elevate your play
Additionally, this special package includes a DVD of on-ice footage emphasizing key techniques and skills of the position. From vital tactics and strategies to a goalie’s unique equipment needs, Hockey Goaltending is simply the most complete guide available for players who wish to excel at the game’s toughest position.