The second edition of Adapted Aquatics Programming: A Professional Guide
- clarifies rationales for adapted aquatics programming,
- broadens the scope of and enriches traditional programs for people with disabilities,
- guides instructors in improving teaching methods and safety management, and
- educates professionals on providing safe and effective adapted aquatics programs.
The second edition of Adapted Aquatics Programming: A Professional Guide is packed with new material, including up-to-date information on relevant legislation, guidelines on architectural accessibility, instructional strategies, equipment, safety management, and competitive and recreational aquatics activities.
This comprehensive resource is a significant addition to the aquatics literature, providing a practical learning tool for the field. The authors infuse each chapter with specific techniques as well as rationales for adapted aquatics programming. They also provide readers with
- Best practices in adapted aquatics programming
- A description of the scope of traditional adapted programs with enrichment ideas
- Guidance in improving teaching methods and safety management
- Instruction in providing safe and effective adapted aquatics programs.
Adapted Aquatics Programming, Second Edition, contains a wealth of references, practical tips, and safety precautions. It includes a number of new features, including photographs and diagrams, life-experience scenarios that provide a reference point for the chapter ahead, and an objectives list for each chapter. It also offers ideas for using equipment and includes information about competitive and recreational aquatics activities.
Authors: Monica Lepore, George W. Gayle, Shawn F. Stevens
368 Pages. Hardback.