Effective practice is the foundation for good performance. With a wealth of drills and games to choose from, The Tennis Drill Book will help you develop skills, work on weaknesses, and prepare for upcoming matches. This extensive manual features 245 drills that can be integrated into practice sessions to improve performance in every area of the game:
- Progressive technique drills help you master every stroke and shot combination.
- Tactics drills help you develop winning strategies for every game situation—aggressive or defensive, doubles or singles—on any court surface, against any style of play.
- Mental training drills help you stay focused when the pressure is on.
- Warm-up, cool-down, and conditioning drills are designed to increase speed, agility, and endurance so that you can move swiftly into position, outlast opponents, and reduce the chance of injury.
- Game-based drills simulate match play for singles and doubles.
Written by a teaching pro and former Women’s Tennis Association player, this essential reference provides more than just drills for every game situation. Game-based drills simulate match situations, and drills and games for juniors help you prepare younger players for higher competition. With more to offer than any other drill reference, The Tennis Drill Book will be an essential part of your tennis library.