Far too often, many coaches and teachers aren’t as prepared as they should be for the hidden challenges that exist in the leadership responsibilities that are inherent in their professional roles. Achieving Excellence is designed to help prepare these individuals to successfully handle those challenges. The DVD covers a wide variety of ideas and points that coaches and teachers can employ to enhance the performance level of their student-athletes.
Among the topics covered:
- Traits of effective leaders
- What student-athletes want from their coaches/teachers
- Developing positive attitudes
- Goal setting/types of goals
- Effective praise
- Instilling confidence
- Understanding imagery
- The role of parents
- Working with different personalities.
DVD / 46 minutesAuthor:
Rose DuBois (Central (SD) High School)