Styles of coaching and teaching always seem to be evolving from generation to generation. Coaching and Teaching in the Iron Age touches base with the changing times and offers several useful tips for assuming leadership roles that can enhance the performance of students and athletes. The DVD details a number of factors that can help coaches and teachers adapt to their somewhat mercurial circumstances. Emphasis is placed on balancing the physical and the intellectual in order to achieve optimum performance.
Among the topics covered:
- Components of effective leadership
- Developing a balance between the intellectual and the physical
- Establishing rules
- Implications for practice
- Motivating athletes/students
- Strategies for training
- Cultivating confidence and achieving success.
DVD / 46 minutesAuthor:
Rose DuBois (Central (SD) High School)