Yoga is one of the fastest-growing fitness activities worldwide, and qualified yoga instructors are in high demand. Instructing Hatha Yoga describes the qualities and knowledge yoga instructors need in order to be competent and effective teachers. It covers all aspects of successful instruction:
- Detailed descriptions on how to teach 69 yoga asanas (postures), with more than 300 photos showing the postures
- Verbal and visual cues to use in teaching each posture
- Specific hands-on adjustments to help students achieve the desired posture
- Modifications for each posture and effective ways to work with students of different abilities in the same class
- Charts that identify body-segment kinematics and muscles used in individual postures
- A DVD that shows how to achieve the most accurate positions for a sampling of postures and the hands-on adjustments instructors can make to assist students
Developed in line with the standards of the Yoga Alliance and its national Yoga Teachers’ Registry, Instructing Hatha Yoga helps instructors develop the attributes they need in order to be qualified teachers who facilitate students’ learning and awareness in the practice of yoga.