Sportskids.com Rules and Member ConductWhether this is your first time online or you have been surfing the web your whole life, we've created our own set of Sportskids.com rules that we all follow here. Basically, these rules are common sense and only require respect and good manners. Use your head, and these rules will help you and everybody else here feel right at home.
While we feel our rules make sense and are appropriate for most sites, as a site for children, we care about making this a family friends site. You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other material ( "Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you, and not SportsKids, are liable and entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available via the Service. SportsKids does not control the Content posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will SportsKids be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, e-mailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service. Furthermore, you agree not to use the Service to:
- Upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive or another 's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Harm minors in any way;
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a SportsKids official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted though the Service;
- Upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- Upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ( "Rights") of any party;
- Upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas which may be designated for such purposes.
- Upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to "scroll" faster than other users of the Service are able to type, otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users ' ability to engage in real-time exchanges;
- Interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law;
- Stalk or otherwise harass another; or,
- Collect or store personal data about other users.
You acknowledge and agree that SportsKids may preserve Content and may also disclose Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the Terms; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of SportsKids, its users and the public. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. < h3>The Sportskids.com rules are:
- While we respect and want your opinions, we don't allow obscene, racist, or sexually explicit language. We also reserve the right to remove postings that defame or insult anyone, as well as notes that are abusive or hateful. Any harassing notes or postings that might be construed as stalking will be deleted and made available to the proper law-enforcement officials. We also reserve the right to remove notes that are off the subject or not in English.
- No solicitations or advertisements are allowed. These include advertisements for your business or latest get-rich-quick scheme. Such notes add clutter and devalue conversation.
- You may not suggest or encourage illegal activity. We will assist law-enforcement officials.
- You must have copyright ownership of all material that you post on our bulletin boards and in our chats. No articles, recipes, song lyrics, art, graphics, or other material may be posted without the express written consent of the copyright holder.
- You must respect the privacy of individuals. This means no posting of phone numbers, addresses, Social Security numbers, or any other private information.
- Having good manners online means that you don't post the same note more than once. The online word for posting many times on one topic is "spamming." We don't allow that.
- You participate at your own risk on the bulletin boards, in chat, and in e-mail. You take responsibility for postings under your identification and use the information provided on this site, including in bulletin boards, chat, and e-mail, at your own risk. We take no responsibility for the content or opinions posted in bulletin boards, chat, and e-mail.
- We reserve the right to remove any postings (although we have no duty to do so).
- You may use Sportskids.com and our services for noncommercial purposes only. You must furnish your actual e-mail address in order to send a card. Any business use, "remailing," or other high-volume application is strictly prohibited. You are not permitted to send cards using an automated program.
- If you see a post or receive an online greeting card that you feel violates any of the above house rules, please notify the community host by e-mail.
- Communities that share our commitment to quality information and support for parents and children are welcome. Feel free to join the discussions on our topics. Please limit private conversations to e-mail.
- By posting to any portion of this site or sending a D-Card, you agree to abide by our < A HREF="http://www.sportskids.com/sports/webpage.cfm?&DID=8&WebPage_ID=11&file=InfoPages/terms.htm">Terms and Conditions of Use
- Use good judgment, and have a wonderful time.